Moving home or business? For a FREE QUOTE call us today on 0800 998 1910
Office Removals Guide
Relocating to a new office comes with a whole other set of considerations, as you are not just moving yourself but your entire business and staff.
Careful planning is the best way to ensure a smooth and stress-free office move, so start early. Download our useful checklist to help remind you of each important step of the process…
Six Weeks Before…
- Take accurate measurements of your new office space to help determine the layout out of your furniture and equipment.
Four Weeks Before…
- Get in touch with Britannia Sandersteads for a survey and quote to determine your needs.
- Book your moving date with us.
- If necessary, order new furniture that will be appropriate to the layout and environment of your new office.
- Arrange for new phone lines, internet connections and other communication systems – if you have an IT support company, they may be able to help.
- Research a security company to perform a survey of your new space, offering advice regarding the security systems you will require.
Three Weeks Before Moving…
Inform all utilities and service providers of your relocation, including:
- Electricity suppliers
- Gas suppliers
- Bank/mortgage lenders
- Internet providers
- Telephone companies
- Local councils
Other people that will need to be made aware of your new address include:
- Any IT support connected to your business
- Maintenance/cleaning companies
- Stationary companies (for new letterheads, business cards etc.)
Two Weeks Before Moving…
- Redirect all phone numbers (unless you have arranged to keep your existing ones).
- Organise a postal redirect for the move date.
- Have all internet, phone lines, electrical wiring and lighting put in place while the office is empty.
- Similarly, check all plumbing and kitchen/bathroom facilities are fully operational.
- If your move date changes, contact Britannia Sandersteads to arrange for storage of your furniture, computer equipment and files.
One Week Before Moving…
- Setup any newly purchased furniture and equipment so that it is ready.
- Arrange for Britannia Sandersteads to provide moving boxes and crates.
- Organise your IT support company’s setup of all server components.
Two Days Before Moving…
- Arrange for Sandersteads to dismantle all furniture and reassemble it in position at your new office ready for use.
- Have your staff empty their desk items into the crates ready for Sandersteads to move.
- Organise a final clean of your old office once cleared, and have your new one cleaned while it is still empty.
- Make sure you have a detailed plan about where each department/staff team will be positioned in the new office, and direct the removals team accordingly when placing the crates and furniture.
- Let Britannia Sandersteads do all the hard work while your employees settle in to their new surroundings.